I Lost My Voice and it Felt Like I Lost My Best Friend
Sorry I've been MIA with new videos and such. There is a good reason for it, I promise.
There comes a time in a singer's life when they lose the thing they love most; their voice. I've unfortunately experienced this several times throughout my career and it never fails to leave a tear in my eye after cancelling a show.
You realize just how much you take advantage of your voice when you can't use it. However, there is hope!
For all my fellow songbirds, here are a few tips to get your voice back to 100%:
1. The number one thing you can do to get back to normal is to focus on resting. This means you need to STOP talking, whispering, humming, clearing your throat, or making ANY kind of noise for at least a couple of days.
2. Boil a pot of water. Cover your head with a towel and breathe in the steam. Breathing in the moist air can help heal your fried vocal cords.
3. Drink water like you've been out walking in the desert for the past month. I'm serious. Don't ever let a minute go by without a sip of the aqua.
4. Gargle with Apple Cider Vinegar a few times a day.
5. Hustle your buns to Walmart right now and buy some Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat Tea. (But use the self-checkout, because you're not allowed to talk)
Thankfully, after following these tips for about a week, my voice has returned. I hope yours does too!